Senior Software Engineer, Cloud
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
• Assist in designing, transitioning and deploying of applications to various clouds
• Develop tools and framework to improve operational efficiency and anomaly detection
• Extensive experience with Linux, particularly RedHat/CentOS, SSH, DNS, EMAIL, etc.
• Experience with setting up monitoring tools, e.g. Nagios, GrayLog, Logstash, Monit, PagerDuty.
• Understand the metric requirements of system/application health
• Experience with setup, configure, and manage RDBMS, NoSQL, Elasticsearch, Kibana, and big data severs
• Experience writing and maintaining tools and scripts to support automation and operations, e.g. Unix Shell scripts, Ansible, etc.
• Solid knowledge of Unix systems with ability to troubleshoot issues in complex, distributed, multi-tier architectures.
• Knowledge and experience with HAProxy, Tomcat, Node.js, etc.
• Worked in SaaS/PaaS companies as DevOps engineer
• Passionate about operational excellence and documentation
• Good written and verbal communication skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
• Design and operate the environment to test application resiliency to infrastructure instabilities
• Responsible for application configurations in different cloud environments
• Proactively monitor, identify, and escalate issues or root causes of systemic issues
• Participate in the weekly rotating shift for level 1 support
• Enable data scientists, business and product partners to fully leverage our predictive analytics platform
• Be the consummate team player with a demonstrable ability to learn quickly. Amazing ability to get stuff done.
• Follows the industry trends in the online world