Staff Data Scientist
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
- A Staff Data Scientist is responsible for analyzing large data sets to develop multiple custom models and algorithms to drive innovative business solutions. Staff Data Scientists work on large project teams in order to provide analytical support and guidance to an assigned area on for large projects (for example, email targeting, business optimization, consumer recommendations) within Walmart eCommerce. Staff Data Scientists are responsible for building large data sets from multiple sources in order to build algorithms for predicting future data characteristics. Those algorithms will be tested, validated, and applied to large data sets. Staff Data Scientists are responsible for training the algorithms so they can be applied to future data sets and provide the appropriate search results. Staff Data Scientists are responsible for researching new trends in the industry and utilizing up-to-date technology (for example, HBase, MapReduce, LAPack, Gurobi) and analytical skills to support their assigned project. Staff Data Scientists are the subject matter experts for statistical analysis and modeling for their project team.
- Build complex data sets from multiple data sources, both internally and externally.
- Build learning systems to analyze and filter continuous data flows and offline data analysis.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners across the business.
- Collaborate with project teams to implement data modeling solutions.
- Combine data features to determine search models.
- Conduct advanced statistical analysis to determine trends and significant data relationships.
- Develop models of current state in order to determine improvements needed.
- Develop multiple custom data models to drive innovative business solutions.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Interpret data to identify trends to go across future data sets.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Research new techniques and best practices within the industry.
- Scale new algorithms to large data sets.
- Train algorithms to apply models to new data sets.
- Translate business needs into data requirements.
- Utilize system tools including (MySQL, Hadoop, Weka, R, Matlab,ILog).
- Validate models and algorithmic techniques.
Please add text
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Please add text
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
You will be part of the Walmart Personalization & AI group supporting the Walmart International markets.
We work closely with our business partners, product, UI/UX teams and engineerings teams to deliver solutions and experiences that delight our customers. Our mission is to infuse with personalization and AI every single customer touchpoint.
We are more than a data science or a technology team. We are equal partners in every step of the process defining and shaping the experiences our customers use every day.
We are a small but very agile team building multi tenant personalization and data science solutions and then adapt them for each individual market.
You will help us rethink and shape the future of online groceries, fashion, house furnishing and meal planning using AI.
For fashion and house furnishing, you will use image recognition and neural style transfer to dynamically create outfits for international customers.
For online groceries we want to talk personally to each customer, understand them and help them complete their shopping journey as quickly as possible. One of the ways of accomplishing this is by using in session personalization using RNNs.
Finally, with meal planning we plan to Inspire our customers and make the shopping journey fun again!
And accomplish the above across all channels including voice!