Senior Software Engineer
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides support to the business
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
Core Java, Spring frameworks, Web services and API development.
Big Data solutions such as Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, Elastic Search and Solr.
Strong SQL composition skills with Oracle and/or MySQL databases.
Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies.
Understanding of requirements analysis, design, coding and unit testing of scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant applications
Additional Preferred Qualifications
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Sam's club membership team is all about creating a world-class eCommerce experience for our members. Come explore the latest and greatest technologies, and help us as we develop our new platform—the next-generation, green field foundation for one of the largest retail companies in the world. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll work on designing and creating the Membership applications and services on new cloud platform.