Design Lead, Researcher
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
At Walmart eCommerce, our customers are at the center of all our design efforts, and user experience research is one way we observe and listen to our customers to make sure we are designing the best experience for their needs. We look to the User Experience Researcher to represent the perspective of the user and help support our user insight strategy. We are looking for a Design Lead, Researcher to join our Online Grocery design team.
Skills You’ll Have:
• Research with agility: You have expert working knowledge of formative & summative usability research methods, and how they are applied in a fast-moving organization, as well as experience with field studies, participatory design, heuristic evaluations, and competitive testing.
• Actionable Findings: You translate insight into action. You actively deliver customer needs, attitudes, and behaviors to teams through thoughtful & actionable research. Your work informs both strategic and tactical efforts.
• Creative: When you’re presented with a design or business problem, you are able to develop research program to that answers the critical questions to ensure we make experiences easier and more delightful for our customer – and you’re excited to share the program with leaders & team members.
• Collaborative: You use your expert knowledge of the UX process in collaboration with other researchers, designers, content strategists, architects, product managers and engineers to transform complex problems into easy-to-use products. You figure out how to best address our research goals & questions so your partners don’t have to.
• Self-motivated: You work without supervision but you seek out and welcome feedback from senior UX leaders and managers.
Additional Skills & Abilities:
• You are an expert at moderating live studies and structuring un-moderated studies.
• You actively seek to enhance your work by incorporating research & metrics from other sources to deliver comprehensive recommendations that inform design and business strategy.
• You work with our research partners (site analytics, consumer insights) to synthesize and leverage existing data and coordinate research efforts
• You work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality and know how to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business.
• You stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
• You develop team processes and standards, and help establish best practices for research.
• You have excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
We’re looking for people with a Bachelor's degree in HCI, Psychology or other related field and 6 years of User Research experience, or Master’s degree + 4 years of experience, or PhD + 2 years of experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Experience researching front-end user experience solutions for mobile applications on major smartphone platforms (for example, Android, iOS).
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Did you know that the Grocery business accounted for more than half of Walmart's U.S. sales last year?Huge opportunities exist within Walmart.com to disrupt how the world shops for groceries within our Online Grocery Team.
We are looking for talented (designers, product managers, engineers, researchers) to join us, as we save our customers time and money by leveraging new technology and connecting all the parts of our business into a single seamless shopping experience: great stores, easy pickup, fast delivery, and apps and websites that are simple to use.We aim to leverage deep consumer insights to reinvent how people shop for everyday groceries by creating seamless online and in-store experiences that are easy, personal, and inspirational.At Walmart, we serve our customers in ways that no one else can.Come help us bring the best of Walmart to customers across the country!