Design Lead, Researcher - Online Grocery
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
At Walmart eCommerce, our customers are at the center of all our design efforts, and user experience research is one way we observe and listen to our customers to make sure we are designing the best experience for their needs. We look to User Experience Research to represent the perspective of the user and help support our design strategy. We are looking for a Design Lead, Researcher to join our Online Grocery design team.
Skills You’ll Have:
• Research with agility: You have expert working knowledge of formative & summative usability research methods, and how they are applied in a fast-moving organization, as well as experience with field studies, participatory design, heuristic evaluations, and competitive testing.
• Actionable Findings: You translate insight into action. You actively deliver customer needs, attitudes, and behaviors to teams through thoughtful & actionable research. Your work informs both strategic and tactical efforts.
• Creative: When you’re presented with a design or business problem, you are able to develop a research program that answers the critical questions to ensure we make experiences easier and more delightful for our customer – and you’re excited to share the program with leaders & team members.
• Collaborative: You use your expert knowledge of the UX process in collaboration with other researchers, designers, content strategists, architects, product managers and engineers to transform complex problems into easy-to-use products. You figure out how to best address our research goals & questions so your partners don’t have to.
• Self-motivated: You work without supervision but you seek out and welcome feedback from senior UX leaders and managers.
Bachelor's Degree in HCI, Psychology or other related field and 5 years design research experience OR Masters Degree and 4 years design research experience OR PhD and 2 years design research experience OR 9 years design research experience.
Additional Skills & Abilities:
• Experience moderating live studies and structuring un-moderated studies.
• Experience with task and workflow modeling, interest and eagerness to learn and experiment with new methods, in order to generate usable, useful insights quickly
• Ability to collaborate across a variety of research and data domains (eg site analytics, market research) in order to generate deep, meaningful, useful insights.
• While this is a primarily qualitative role, understanding of when and how to use mixed methods is a requirement, and some understanding of applicable quant methods is preferred.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Experience researching front-end user experience solutions for mobile applications on major smartphone platforms (for example, Android, iOS).
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
The Grocery business accounted for more than half of Walmart's U.S. sales last year, and huge opportunities exist within our Online Grocery Team to disrupt how the world shops for groceries.
We are looking for a talented Design Lead, Researcher to join us in our mission of saving our customers time and money. We leverage deep consumer insights to help us focus on key user needs in conjunction new technology, our deep business expertise, and our years of customer trust to seamless shopping experiences. At Walmart, we serve our customers in ways that no one else can. Come help us bring the best of Walmart to customers across the country!