Senior Visual Designer, Online Grocery
Walmart Stores SAN BRUNO, CA
About the Job
As a Sr. Visual Designer we need your expertise to make an impact in a highly strategic and important initiative within the Walmart eCommerce customer experience design team. Specifically, your assignment is to apply your deep knowledge of user experience design (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) to our core shopping experience to deeply empathize with the customer. You will liaise within cross-functional partnerships across Business, Product, and Engineering and dedicate their collective creativity and execution to delivering experiences that bring delight to our customers, meeting them where they are. Ultimately, your passion to serve and a growth mindset will make you a valuable member of this cross-functional team, owning and crafting effective designs from top to bottom to create delightful and effective eCommerce experiences across multiple platforms.
The right fit is someone who is an advanced creative and strategic designer, passionate for building in the ecommerce space, who will jump in and make an immediate impact.
- Think conceptually – applying a user-centered approach to requirements and interdependencies – to develop engaging interfaces
- Think visually – using techniques like storyboards and sketching – to communicate interaction design concepts
- Make design decisions based on good judgement, experience, research and data
- Have a real impact at scale through new product launches and incremental improvements that effect billions of our customers everyday
- Be part of a fun, humble team, always learning, collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years designing for multiple platforms experience, with 3+ years as a senior UX designer or equivalent practical experience.
- A strong product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve for both business requirements and customer needs.
- Stellar visual skill (attention to detail, stay on brand, build new patterns).
- Delivered successful design for responsive web, iOS and Android.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Excellent grasp of the design thinking and process including Product/Interaction/Visual, with the know-how to move from pencil on paper to layout to pixel-perfect handoff using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
- Deep understanding of design principals and industry trends.
- Expert communication and presentation skills with ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can advocate design rationale.
- Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
- Expert partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 2 years experience designing front-end user experience solutions for consumer software development using modern web technologies (for example, AJAX, Ruby on Rails, strong HTML/CSS skills).
- 2 years experience developing user experience solutions with agile methodology.
- 4 years experience in eCommerce or related field.
- 4 years experience in software design or related field.
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Did you know that the Grocery business accounted for more than half of Walmart's U.S. sales last year?Huge opportunities exist within Walmart.com to disrupt how the world shops for groceries within our Online Grocery Team.
We are looking for a talented senior visual designer to join us, as we save our customers time and money by leveraging new technology and connecting all the parts of our business into a single seamless shopping experience: great stores, easy pickup, fast delivery, and apps and websites that are simple to use. We aim to leverage deep consumer insights to reinvent how people shop for everyday groceries by creating seamless online and in-store experiences that are easy, personal, and inspirational.At Walmart, we serve our customers in ways that no one else can.Come help us bring the best of Walmart to customers across the country!