G_General Maintenance Assoc WD 2nd
Walmart Stores OPELIKA, AL
About the Job
- Assist other maintenance technicians in the repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Clean and maintain grounds, parking lots, fencing and building facilities (e.g., bathrooms, plumbing).
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Complete work orders, records, logs and other written or computer-based documents according to established procedures.
- Operate material handling equipment, battery equipment, moving machinery, and other powered equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment (e.g., lift trucks, pneumatic systems, material handling equipment, hydraulic equipment, dock equipment, banana room equipment, electronic and electrical equipment, etc.) according to procedures.
- Troubleshoot basic problems with equipment where the repair is visible or obvious.
- 1 year of experience repairing/maintaining mechanical or electrical equipment in an industrial or non-industrial setting OR two years related vocational training
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1 year of experience repairing/maintaining mechanical or electrical equipment in an industrial setting
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.