Continuous Improvement Mgr Optical Lab CentralOps-H&W
Walmart Stores DALLAS, TX
About the Job
- Communicate with Customers, suppliers, and/or other Wal-Mart associates verbally or in writing.
- Maintain quality and safety standards in area of responsibility
- Manage and develop associates in area of responsibility
- Manage financial aspects in area of responsibility
- Partner with Asset Protection on safety practices, procedures and outcomes for all Associates in the facility
- Partner with Central Operations leadership to ensure operations (for example, manufacturing and fulfillment processes, data recording and retention, risk management planning) are compliant with state and federal regulations (for example, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), State Board of Pharmacy), and recognized accreditation's requirements.
- Support quality of facility operations for Health and Wellness Central Operations (for example, Pharmacy, Optical)
- Certification in 1 or more manufacturing optimization procedures (for example, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizan, Continuous Improvement, Process Control, 5-S) and 2 years experience applying one or more manufacturing optimization procedures (for example, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizan, Continuous Improvement, Process Control, 5-S) as a supervisor OR 1 year experience as a Wal-Mart Optical Area Manager (level I) OR 2 years experience as a Wal-Mart Area Manager (non-optical)
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 2 years experience using MS-Office tools (for example, PowerPoint, Word)
- 3 years experience as a Wal-Mart Health and Wellness Central Operations Area Manager (for example, Pharmacy, Optical).
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or business-related field (for example, Logistics, Business Administration, Economics)
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.