Staff Software Engineer
Walmart Stores SUNNYVALE, CA
About the Job
- Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
- Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports business objectives
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
Previously worked on Openstack, Azure and Google( GCP)
Exp on Automation
Exp on Development on Python
Engineering Skills on Openstack, Azure and Google( GCP)
Additional Preferred Qualifications
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Reporting to the Director of Cloud Infrastructure, the Principal Cloud staff Engineer works closely with Infrastructure Engineering, Development and Operations teams to provide highly available and fault tolerant IaaS cloud services.
Using various automated tools, you will provide scalable and reliable solutions to manage private clouds (compute, network and storage) within multiple disparate cloud infrastructures. And, while engineering interaction is a main focus of the Principal Cloud Engineer role, working with customers to deploy cloud-based services will also be required. Additionally the Principal Cloud Engineer will own tasks to resolution; interfacing with developers and support to escalate, reproduce, validate, perform training, debug or deploy software.
• Document, communicate, evangelize, advocate for, and optimize cross-functional system-level designs
• Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
• Create and maintain technical documentation for operational readiness
• Build, tune, troubleshoot and document systems in high availability clusters
• Create and maintain security best practices
• Create custom automation for host provisioning and other processes on various cloud platforms
• Configure and maintain virtual networking, including load balancers, firewalls and switches
• Become a solid contributor on our team, and build, extend and maintain some of the key infrastructure that powers our Private Cloud platform
• Drive significant architectural decisions about the next iterations of our Private Cloud
• Take ownership of important components of the architecture that power our Private Cloud
• Provide troubleshooting expertise for virtualization performance and other issues
• Train and educate others within Technology about Cloud technologies.
• Solve business needs with technology by evaluating different technology options and vendor products.
• Travel may be required, up to 10% travel a year